Wednesday 29 May 2013

Travelling #1

Hello everyone!
How have you been? Well? Good, now back to me. So I thought now would be a good time to talk about some of my travels. I have been to a few places around the world, but I'll start off with my recent trip to Sri Lanka.

This was taken on the way to Nuwara Eliya.

In Sri Lanka my family and I visited sights such as Seegiriya, Nuwara Eliya and the capital city of Colombo. I had some of the best moments here, meeting with relatives and friends who I hadn't seen in almost nineteen years.
This is a statue of Lord Buddha in Seegiriya.


Sri Lanka is a beautiful place, full of friendly faces, warm weather and amazing food. It is so sad however to see the poverty that has nearly taken over this nation. Nearly everywhere you go, there are homeless people begging for money, or a shanty town swarming with children. Even though these children have next to nothing, they are still able to smile, and this puts a smile on my face too. I tried to do whatever I could to help those in need, such as donating money or buying food, but I still thought it wasn't enough.

I had the most brilliant time in Sri Lanka, and I can't wait to revisit this ancient and wonderful country.

Thanks for reading, and I will see you when I see you.



No comments:

Post a Comment